12th APC – 29th / 30th June 2018
Friday, 29th June: 12th Krimml Peace Dialogue, Primary School in Krimml
5 pm: Start of the Event
- Welcoming by Mayor Erich Czerny, Major of Krimml
- Opening address: Ernst Löschner, Chairman of APC
- 1st Keynote by Prof. Anton Pelinka, University of Innsbruck and Budapest
- 2nd Keynote by Alexandra Föderl-Schmid, süddeutsche Zeitung in Israel
12th Krimml Peace Dialogue, Panel Discussion on “Escape Routes”
- Irene Brickner, journalist for Der Standard
- Manuela Ertl, MD of Train of Hope
- Najem Wali, author
Following this: q&a session
Presentation: Michael Kerbler
7 pm: Buffet with Syrian Falafel specialities, prepared and served by refugees of the Refugee home in Saalfelden
Saturday, 30th June: 12th APC Peace Hike
(appr. 8 hours walking time)
6 am: Shuttles depart to Krimmler Tauernhaus from Krimml tourist office
7 am: Krimmler Tauernhaus
- Welcoming by Ernst Löschner (APC) and Friedl Geisler (landlord of Krimmler Tauernhaus)
- Departure with National Park rangers and Krimml mountain rescue team
9 am: Windbachalm
- Refugees talk about their escape and reception in Austria
- Guest of honour: 105 years old Marko Feingold
12 am: Arrival at the Krimmler Tauern pass, welcoming
4:30 pm: Arrival at Kasern
- Welcoming buffet and welcoming address by the mayors of Prettau St. Johann / Ahrntal
5.30 pm: return to Krimml by bus (arrival at about 9:30 pm)
Please note: like last year, we are offering the possibility of a shorter walk as far as Windbachalm (walking time about 1.5 hrs) and back to the Krimmler Tauernhaus (about 1 hr), accompanied by a trekking guide. The package price for the shorter walk is € 60 per person.
The offer includes participation at the Krimml Peace Dialogue, free buffet, all transfers, guided hike with National Park rangers and Krimml mountain rescue, accompanying medical team, welcoming buffet at Ahrntal at the end of the hike.
Participants who wish to stay overnight at Kasern to hike back across the Birnlücke on the next day (1st July) are requested to make their own booking with Tourismusverband Ahrntal-Steinhaus (Tel: +39 0474 652 198, email@example.com).
For the hike back, APC provides an extra mountain guide free of charge. In case of unfavourable weather conditions a hike back will not be possible, please make sure to reserve € 30 for the bus transfer.