Alpine Peace Crossing 2021: No world of yesterday. The challenging handling of memories
In 2021, the commemorative events of Alpine Peace Crossing will be celebrating their 15th anniversary. A good reason to take a look back into the past. Memories are gateways to history. Personal experiences are the basis for commemoration and remembrance. That is why our focus this year is on life stories. We want to make the events of 1947 accessible on a new, personal level.
On the morning of June 25, 2021, we will inaugurate a memorial pyramid and a sculpture in front of the former Givat Avoda camp (today Anton-Wallner-Kaserne) in Saalfelden.
- Start: 10:00 a.m.
- With a lecture by Albert Lichblau and musical accompaniment.
- The planned guided tours i in the former Givat Avoda camp in Saalfelden with Sabine Aschauer-Smolik and Ernst Trybula can unfortunately not take place as the covid-regulations in the military camp forbid entering of the areal through civilists (probably until July)
The Dialog Forum 2021 will take place in the afternoon of June 25, 2021 in Krimml.
- Start: 4:00 p.m.
- with contributions by Heidemarie Uhl, Nikolaus Kunrath and Adam and Miles Protter
- moderated by Michael Kerbler
- Awarding of the APC Peace Prize 2021
- Finally: a small buffet
- After the event there will be transfers to the Tauernhaus for the participants who will already be spending the night in the Tauernhaus
The contributions will be given mainly in German, translation into English will be offered.
The 2021 memorial hike will take place on June 26, 2021.
- 06:00 Departure by taxis from the Krimmler municipal office to the Krimmler Tauernhaus (for everyone who does not sleep in the Tauernhaus)
- 07:00 am Krimmler Tauernhaus – welcome and march off together
- 8:00 am Grove of Escape – 1st station with supporting program
- 09:00 am Windbachalm – 2nd station with supporting program (reversal point of the short version – return to the Tauernhaus approx. 11:30 am)
- 11:00 Pyramid – 3rd station with supporting program (reversal point of the long variant)
- approx. 3 p.m. return from the long version to the Tauernhaus
A regular shuttle transfer back to Krimml is organized from the Tauernhaus, which is already included in the package. Last descent: 5:00 p.m.
Alternatively, it is of course possible to hike back along the wonderful Krimml waterfalls on foot.
Important additional information:
- Please do not forget to bring enough cash with you if you want to spend the night in the Tauernhaus or if you want to stop here – there is no card payment option here.
- Please bring your own snacks / drinks for the hike. There are no places to stop for refreshments on the hike itself (afterwards in the Tauernhaus of course)
You can register for the events here.
We will constantly update this subpage, whenever there is new information.
As of now, the following rules will be in place during the 2021 events:
- During all indoor activities every participant will have to wear a FFP2-mask.
- Everyone will have to register at the beginning of the events in order that we can guarantee contact-tracing in case of emergency. This data will be deleted 28 days after the event.
We will stick to the “3G-rules” which are currently mandatory in Austria. This means that participants will have to show proof of at least one of the following in order to participate:
- Full vaccination or at least three weeks since the first vaccination
- Negative Anti-Gene-Test (we also offer free tests on site)
- Recovery from a Covid-infection within the last six months
Please also make sure to check, which specific regulations for entering/leaving Austria are required for the country you hold citizenship in. This is also especially important for those, who want to cross into Italy and then return to Austria.