13th APC – 28th / 29th June 2019
Friday, 28th June: Welcome in Krimml Primary School
- details of the event will be defined later
- definitely no Peace Dialogue in 2019
Saturday, 29th June: 13th APC Peace Hike
(appr. 8 hours walking time)
6 am: Shuttles depart to KrimAll Goalsmler Tauernhaus from Krimml tourist office
7 am: Krimmler Tauernhaus
- Departure with National Park rangers and Krimml mountain rescue team
9 am: Windbachalm
- Refugees talk about their escape and reception in Austria
- Guest of honour: 106 years old Marko Feingold
12 am: Arrival at the Krimmler Tauern pass
4:30 pm: Arrival at Kasern
- Welcoming buffet and welcoming address by the mayors of Prettau St. Johann / Ahrntal
5:30 pm: return to Krimml by bus (arrival at about 9:30 pm)
Please note: like last year, we are offering the possibility of a shorter walk as far as Windbachalm (walking time about 1.5 hrs) and back to the Krimmler Tauernhaus (about 1 hr), accompanied by a trekking guide. The package price for the shorter walk is € 60 per person.
The offer includes participation at the Krimml Peace Dialogue, free buffet, all transfers, guided hike with National Park rangers and Krimml mountain rescue, accompanying medical team, welcoming buffet at Ahrntal at the end of the hike.
Participants who wish to stay overnight at Kasern to hike back across the Birnlücke on the next day (30th June) are requested to make their own booking with Tourismusverband Ahrntal-Steinhaus (Tel: +39 0474 652 198, email@example.com).
For the hike back, APC provides an extra mountain guide free of charge. In case of unfavourable weather conditions a hike back will not be possible, please make sure to reserve € 30 in cash for the bus Transfer.