We are pleased that both events have now been approved by the responsible authorities, which means that both our dialogue forum on Friday, June 25 and the memorial hike on the following day can take place.
Unfortunately, there is a restriction on the memorial hike that is not related to the Covid pandemic: Since there is still an unusually large amount of snow on the Krimmler Tauern, we had to make the decision yesterday in close consultation with the mountain rescue that our memorial hike this year can take place only in a shortened form. This means that this year we unfortunately cannot hike over the Tauern to South Tyrol, but have to turn back at the peace pyramid (between Windbachalm and Tauern Pass). This decision was not an easy one for us, as we, like many of you, would have been looking forward to the crossing, but the safety of the participants comes first for us. Participants who have registered for the long version will of course be reimbursed the difference in costs (10 euros). Please send us a short message to email@example.com with information about the account to which we should transfer the sum.
The program for the two days is therefore now as follows:
Friday, June 25th, Krimml primary school
(optional: 10: 00-11: 00 inauguration of the memorial for the former DP camp Givat Avoda in front of the Anton Wallner barracks in Saalfelden)
Afternoon: Check-In at the Krimml Tourist Office (Oberkrimml 37, 5743 Krimml)
4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. Dialogue forum with contributions by Niki Kunrath, Heidemarie Uhl, Adam and Miles Protter and Antonia Winsauer, moderated by Michael Kerbler; Awarding of the APC Peace Prize followed by a buffet
Then for everyone who sleeps in the Tauernhaus: Transfer to the Tauernhaus from the tourist office
Saturday, June 26th
- 06:00 Departure by taxis from the Krimmler municipal office to the Krimmler Tauernhaus (for everyone who does not sleep in the Tauernhaus)
- 07:00 am Krimmler Tauernhaus – welcome and march off together
- 8:00 am Grove of Escape – 1st station with supporting program
- 09:00 am Windbachalm – 2nd station with supporting program (reversal point of the short version – return to the Tauernhaus approx. 11:30 am)
- 11:00 Pyramid – 3rd station with supporting program (reversal point of the long variant)
- approx. 3 p.m. return from the long version to the Tauernhaus
A regular shuttle transfer back to Krimml is organized from the Tauernhaus, which is already included in the package. Last descent: 5:00 p.m.
Alternatively, it is of course possible to hike back along the wonderful Krimml waterfalls on foot.
Important additional information:
- Please do not forget to bring enough cash with you if you want to spend the night in the Tauernhaus or if you want to stop here – there is no card payment option here.
- Please bring your own snacks / drinks for the hike. There are no places to stop for refreshments on the hike itself (afterwards in the Tauernhaus of course)
- For Covid prevention, the current 3G rules apply at all APC events. Contact tracing will also be carried out on site (you can find more information here: https://alpinepeacecrossing.org/covid-praeventionsmasshaben/)
Please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. For all questions regarding room bookings on site, please contact the TOURISM ASSOCIATIONKRIMML / HOCHKRIMML (Tel .: + 43 (0) 6564 7239-11; Mail: email@example.com).
We are very much looking forward to the events next week and ask for your understanding that the hike has to be shortened this year.