ALPINE PEACE CROSSING – Charity for Social Welfare and Refugee Support
Alpine Peace Crossing (APC) is an Austrian charity based in Krimml (Salzburg province) and Vienna. APC’s 3 cornerstones are: APC Refugee Support, the APC Peace Hike and the Krimml Peace Dialogue.
|June 13 – Signing of a cooperative agreement with Respekt.net
Joint projects are supported through crowdfunding and tax deductibility.
Goal: Mutual ventures are targeted towards charitable aid. For the first year, 10 projects with a total funding of at least € 50,000 are planned.
|Krimml Peace Dialogue on June 28 at 5 pm – Denkwerkstatt Krimml
Main Theme “Humanity”, Moderator: Michael Kerbler (Journalist)
• Welcome: Erich Czerny (Mayor of Krimml)
• Retrospective on 12 years APC and look towards the future: Ernst Löschner (APC’s Chairman of the Board)
• Grove of Flight – Impressions with music: Judith Forthuber (APC Member of the Board)
• APC Peace Award – Idea behind the medal and conferment upon the first award recipients: Ernst Löschner
• Invited speech on “Humanity”: Cecily Corti (Founder and Director of the VinziRast-Einrichtungen)
• Public discussion with Cecily Corti moderated by Michael Kerbler
• Dialog with the public
small buffet follows sponsored by the community of Krimml
|APC Peace Hike
The 13th Peace Hike along the Jewish Escape Route from 1947 will take place on June 29, 2019. The Krimmler Mayor Erich Czerny, Marko Feingold and Ernst Löschner of Alpine Peace Crossing sincerely welcome all participants, guests and the curious on the eve of the hike at the Denkwerkstatt in Krimml.
Program and Registration
|Theatre (in German)
Those who want to experience this escape of Jews of 1947 are welcome to accompany the ensemble of Teatro Caprile. You will experience touching scenes along original locations and wander from the past into a fictional future.
|Grove of Flight
7 x 7 trees, 2 natural stones and 1 prism are dedicated to all people on the run (especially those of 1947) and people who have contributed to a peaceful coexistence of people of different backgrounds. The installation is a 20-minute walk from the Krimml Lodge.
|Social and refugee projects
For eight years, Alpine Peace Crossing financed and implemented social and refugee aid projects. As of 2019, APC will once again focus on the annual Friendship Walk. Incoming donations will continue to serve their purpose.
Note: The Activity Report 2018 is online!